Subject: Re: W3C including proprietary tags in next html
From: Ben Laurie <ben@algroup.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 22:45:28 +0000

Jean Camp wrote:

> Forwarded from James
>
> PLEASE DISTRIBUTE WIDELY -- especially in Mac and Linux communities
>
> Thursday evening I spoke with a member of the W3C HTML Working
> Group who removed all my remaining doubt that the HTML WG has any
> serious support for open, non-proprietary web form upload standards
> for non-wintel platforms.  The HTML WG keeps including Microsoft's
> OBJECT catch-all element tag, even in "scaled down" versions of
> HTML, but refuses to support the non-proprietary device upload
> proposal.  Your help is needed to correct this situation.
>
> Please read and endorse this petition:  http://www.bovik.org/devup-petition
>
> We need as many people as possible to request these features and
> support for the standard.  Thank you for your help with this effort.

The W3 Cartel's long-standing refusal to allow free software developers
free membership was the writing on the wall. Their so-called "standards"
should be treated with the contempt they deserve. Hmmm ... actually, XML
and related standards are somewhat worthwhile, and are currently
Cartel-controlled. Time do some campaigning?

Cheers,

Ben.

--
SECURE HOSTING AT THE BUNKER: http://www.thebunker.net/hosting.htm