Subject: Re: FSBs and client-server
From: Russell Nelson <nelson@crynwr.com>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 14:40:08 -0400 (EDT)

Bernard Lang writes:
 > What is a free market ?
 >
 > no rule whatsoever ?

Are there any rules which do not need to be voluntary?
Would you sign a contract with no provision for enforcement?
Would you do business with someone who violates contracts habitually?
Would you frequent a business in the absence of tort law and no
    conspicuous posting of the law company they have subscribed to?
Have we both asked questions which really don't belong on this list?

Are there NO questions which are too rhetorical to ask?

Tim said his piece about Lessig's book, I said mine.  I'm not out to
persuade you to being a libertarian.  I *am* out to persuade you to
learn more about economics.  As someone running a business, or else
seriously concerned with the activities of your employer :), the more
you know about economics, the better.

s/you/anyone/g where grammatically correct.

Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | "Ask not what your country
521 Pleasant Valley Rd. | +1 315 268 1925 voice | can force other people to
Potsdam, NY 13676-3213  | +1 315 268 9201 FAX   | do for you..."  -Perry M.