Subject: Re: [Freesw]
From: Russell Nelson <>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2001 21:59:37 -0400 (EDT)

Jonathan S. Shapiro writes:
 > > I don't see the advantage of over any other publication.
 > There is no advantage to per se. There is tremendous advantage
 > to having the proof of prior art online, readily accessable, and properly
 > and effectively cataloged. simply seems to be the first to
 > start this effort.

Seems to me that you could do the same thing with sourceforge CVS.
Take an MD5 of each project's CVS once a week, and a MD5 of that, and
publish it in a classified ad.

-russ nelson will be speaking at
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | Mailing lists should not set
521 Pleasant Valley Rd. | +1 315 268 1925 voice | Reply-To: back to the list!
Potsdam, NY 13676-3213  | +1 315 268 9201 FAX  |