Subject: Re: OT: list for making small linux distros?
From: "Karsten M. Self" <kmself@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 23:08:10 -0700
Sun, 13 May 2001 23:08:10 -0700
on Sun, May 13, 2001 at 11:09:26PM -0500, Lynn Winebarger (owinebar@free-expression.org)
wrote:

>    I know this is off-topic, but I thought folks on this list would be
> likely to know if there's a mailing list for people rolling their own
> linux distros.  You know, keeping track (or finding) of
> maintainers/locations of standard tools, managing the flow of patches
> for software you're not intimately familiar with, tools, etc, more
> oriented to specialized (single site) server distros and central
> management of a network, "gossip" about the direction/state of
> the common toolset and new software (less specific than the kind of
> discussion that would go on in the developer mailing lists for the
> software).

Now where'd you get an idea like that?

Tom Oesler, of Tom's Root/Boot (tom@toms.net, http://www.toms.net/rb/)
has a selection of links on other microdistros, and might be a source of
information for some of your questions.

There's the GNU/Linux from Scratch (http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/)
page as well.  I think there's another tool I'm missing, maybe someone
else can come up with it?

["application/pgp-signature" not shown]