Subject: Re: As if the DMCA wasn't bad enough
From: "Karsten M. Self" <kmself@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2001 13:03:04 -0700
Sat, 8 Sep 2001 13:03:04 -0700
on Sat, Sep 08, 2001 at 02:48:41PM -0500, Lynn Winebarger (owinebar@free-expression.org)
wrote:

> New Copyright Bill Heading to DC
>
> http://www.wired.com/news/politics/0,1283,46655,00.html
>
>     Couldn't the Republicans and Democrats find something else to agree
> about so readily?
>      It's enough to make a person seriously considering emigrating.
> Any recommendations?

Some interesting speculation from Declan as well.

Subject: FC: More on DMCA sequel: Security Systems Standards and Certif. Act
From: Declan McCullagh <declan@well.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Sep 2001 13:56:33 -0400

 Sat, 08 Sep 2001 13:56:33 -0400
The complete text of the draft SSSCA (2.5 MB PDF file) is now online:
http://gnu-darwin.sourceforge.net/sssca-draft.pdf
http://www.nullify.org/sssca-draft.pdf
http://sites.inka.de/risctaker/sssca-draft.pdf
http://www.parrhesia.com/sssca-draft.pdf

Slashdot thread on the SSSCA:

Politech archive on SSSCA:
http://www.politechbot.com/cgi-bin/politech.cgi?name=sca

EFF alert on "Canadian DMCA" -- comments due September 15:
http://www.eff.org/alerts/20010907 eff canada cpdci alert.html

-Declan

********