Subject: Re: torvalds
From: "Tim O'Reilly" <tim@oreilly.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 11:16:33 -0700

I will agree with Russ that the quality of the discussion has been going
way down, and as a result I've recently been thinking of unsubscribing.
For a list to stay useful, it needs to stay focussed.  And the focus of
this list is ostensibly the business side of open source.  To the extent
that it becomes random discussion, more and more people will opt out.

Russell Nelson wrote:

> Tom Lord writes:
>  > Am I the only one on the list who is not particularly thrilled by
>  > actually reading the code?
>
> Am I the only one on the list who is not particularly thrilled by
> discussions which are not germane to the list?  Yes, there are a lot
> of clueful people on the fsb list (thank you, all of you).  That
> doesn't mean that they're here because they want to talk about random
> things.  It means that they're here because they want to talk about
> free software business plans, models, and schemes.
>
> By all means, invite people to a Free Software Gossip mailing list.
>
> --
> -russ nelson <sig@russnelson.com>  http://russnelson.com
> Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | It's a crime, not an act
> 521 Pleasant Valley Rd. | +1 315 268 1925 voice | of war.  For my take, see:
> Potsdam, NY 13676-3213  | +1 315 268 9201 FAX   | http://quaker.org/crime.html

+1 707-829-0515, FAX +1 707-829-0104
tim@oreilly.com, http://www.oreilly.com