Subject: Quoting format (was Re: Lessig (was Re: As if the DMCA wasn't bad enough))
From: "Karsten M. Self" <kmself@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 15:45:02 -0700
Thu, 13 Sep 2001 15:45:02 -0700
on Thu, Sep 13, 2001 at 01:15:26PM -0700, Crist, Ma (Ma.Crist@trw.com) wrote:
> From: Ben Laurie [mailto:ben@algroup.co.uk]
>
> Apache may have central governance, if viewed through the right
> distorting lens, but is critically different from XNS in that
>
> -I imagine there are as many different forms of central governance as there are software
licenses ;-).  That still doesn't address the original question of what's bad about
central governance?

> the Apache board can be separated from the code at the stroke of an rsyncthe licence
in no way prevents this.

> -That's cool if you guys think that's a good thing.  I'd be concerned about forking
in that type of environment, but I guess since it hasn't happened, it's a non issue.

> Onename cannot be separated from XNS so easily.
>
> -Huh?  Not sure what that has to do with the governance question.  Onename has one
person of a four person board.

> Cheers,
>
> Mike Crist
>

> Cheers,
>
> Ben (Apache Software Foundation Director).
>
> --
> http://www.apache-ssl.org/ben.html
>
> "There is no limit to what a man can do or how far he can go if he
> doesn't mind who gets the credit." - Robert Woodruff

Please use postfix quoting format:  your reply goes below the material
cited.  Trim your quotes appropriately and ensure your attributions are
accurate.  Quoted lines should be prefixed by an appropriate indicator,

Thank you.

Praying for the victims.

["application/pgp-signature" not shown]