Subject: Re: low signal
From: Russell Nelson <nelson@crynwr.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 15:04:13 -0500 (EST)

Chris Maeda writes:
 > The investment community only cares about highest
 > risk-adjusted return in the shortest time.  You
 > have to show how an FSB can achieve this in order
 > to get funding, not that some other set of criteria
 > is more appropriate.

Well, no, he doesn't.  Cygnus was funded by its founders and by
internal reinvestment.  And I believe that the last quarter Redhat
made a profit (EBITDA aside), it was owned in the same manner.  Why
are people acting as if a company cannot grow purely through
self-funding?  Such a company cannot grow quickly, true, but it can
grow.

There's more to a FSB than funding.

Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | It's a crime, not an act
521 Pleasant Valley Rd. | +1 315 268 1925 voice | of war.  For my take, see:
Potsdam, NY 13676-3213  | +1 315 268 9201 FAX   | http://quaker.org/crime.html