Subject: Re: Meeting the MS challenge
From: Russell Nelson <nelson@crynwr.com>
Date: 2 Dec 1997 20:27:40 -0000

L. Peter Deutsch writes:
 > Are there other people reading this list who have put >1000 hours into free
 > software development (1000 hours = 6 months full-time)?  How do you feel
 > about the value you've gotten back in freed software that you use?

I'm probably not typical, but yes, Peter, I'm quite sure that I've put
several multiples of 1,000 hours into free software development.  I
feel adequately compensated by the freed software I use.  I also feel
adequately compensated by my income from freed software.

--
-russ <nelson@crynwr.com>  http://www.crynwr.com/~nelson  | Freedom is the
Crynwr Software supports freed software | PGPok |   primary cause of peace.