Subject: The stupidity of large companies
From: Russell Nelson <nelson@crynwr.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 23:09:00 -0500 (EST)

D Henkel-Wallace writes:
 > Wal-mart is hard for a small FSB.

There is certainly this idea among large companies that they just
don't *want* to deal with small companies.  So, okay, a TLA government
agency wants to do bulk mailing.  Their contractor even contacts me
about qmail.  In the end, they buy from a reseller who goes to my
competition simply because they appear to be a company.  Bzzzzzt,
wrong.  So in the end, the TLA is contracting with me in the end,
through the expediency of it contracting with a smaller company, and
it with a smaller company, and it with me.

This makes just about *no* sense to me, but maybe it will serve as my
introduction to government contracting.

--
-russ nelson              http://russnelson.com | Crypto without a threat
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | model is like cookies