Subject: Re: Open Source shareware?
From: Rich Morin <rdm@cfcl.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2002 13:49:05 -0700

At 9:09 PM +0100 9/15/02, Simon Cozens wrote:
>If this is possible, you might like to consider the model ...

What I find interesting about this suggestion, as well as several of the
others I've seen in this thread, is the orientation toward avoiding a pure
Open Source play.  Maybe I'm being too much of a purist, but I'd really
like to use Open Source for everything I distribute.  (I'm not opposed
to proprietary software, as a general rule; this is just my preference for
the project I have in mind.)

>On a vaguely related note, I'm surprised nobody's mentioned the successful
>ransoming of Blender yet.

I'm not familiar with that; could someone post a summary, in FSB terms?

-r
--
email: rdm@cfcl.com; phone: +1 650-873-7841
http://www.cfcl.com/rdm    - my home page, resume, etc.