Subject: Re: A few here may have an opinion on this
From: Danese Cooper <Danese.Cooper@Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 21:39:40 -0700

Sorry, don't have time to read the whole thread now (will later, I
promise), but thought
it would be interesting to this list (if not already reported) that
apparently

Congressman Adam Smith's staff contacted Open Source Public Policy
advocates
around 6:00pm EDT to say they were flooded by calls from reporters about
the
letter that sparked this thread. Many staffers of the 67 Congressman who
signed
are now claiming they didn't know what they were signing and the letter
is being
withdrawn.

Chalk one up for our side!

Danese