Subject: Re: Successful FSBs
From: Rich Bodo <rsb@ostel.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 16:40:16 -0700 (PDT)

> Again, untrue. The FSF's coercion strategy has changed over the years, but
> the current one is to coerce software projects to license themselves under
> the "GPL version 2.0 or any future versions".

I've written software for the GNU project.  There was no coercion.
They simply stated that to be part of the GNU project, the software
must be licensed under one of the many free software licenses.  We
licensed it under the GPL V2.0 and do not plan to change that license.
We kept the copyright, and they had no problem with that whatsoever.
If the leadership there ever becomes coercive, we simply take our ball
and go home.

-Rich

Rich Bodo | rsb@ostel.com | 650-964-4678