Subject: A software marketplace
From: Russell Nelson <nelson@crynwr.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 01:09:38 -0500 (EST)

Click on this URL to check the validity of nelson@crynwr.com:
http://q249.crynwr.com/nelson/1042091611.14617.c8f88e564e0caab354ded762a245fcf0

Y'all might know that I'm the President of the Public Software Fund.
Our purpose in life is to recognize (with a tax deduction) the
public-spirited nature of people who pay for the development of public
software.  It may be that all of our donors can afford to fund a whole
project.  Or maybe not?  Once we made that decision, we needed a
marketplace.

I'm going to use a variant of the Street Performer's Protocol[1] to
gather together funding to pay for projects.  The software is
currently in beta test.  Perhaps FSB'ers would like to help me test
it?  http://pubsoft.org/index.cgi gets you to the (new) home page.
Thanks in advance.

[1] http://www.firstmonday.dk/issues/issue4_6/kelsey/

--
-russ nelson              http://russnelson.com | You can ignore economics,
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | but economics isn't going