Subject: Re: terms
From: Russell Nelson <nelson@crynwr.com>
Date: 12 Dec 1997 16:09:01 -0000

L. Peter Deutsch writes:
 > > My understanding is that in most cases, deluxe distubutions are bought
 > > when someone at a company appreciates the work of the GNU project, and wants
 > > to contribute some money.  Getting their boss to buy a deluxe distribution
 > > is much easier than convincing their boss to donate money.
 >
 > This tallies with the comments from my friend in the printer industry that I
 > posted here a few weeks ago: he said it's much easier to get his boss to
 > approve paying for someTHING than paying for services, and I'm sure donating
 > money outright is much more difficult than either of those.

Yup.  A friend of mine who's been a consultant-type from time to time
(A.C. Mendiones <acm@tiac.net>) recommends product-izing services.
"Give them a thick report when the services are complete", he says.

--
-russ <nelson@crynwr.com>  http://www.crynwr.com/~nelson  | Freedom is the
Crynwr Software supports freed software | PGPok |   primary cause of peace.