Subject: Re: free software parallel - environmentally friendly sector?
From: "Stephen J. Turnbull" <stephen@xemacs.org>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 13:05:32 +0900

    Phil> This makes me think of the advantages of "buy local".

s/advantages/disadvantages/

This is a really bad analogy.  Living where you do, you should know
better.  I bet your neighbors just love the world's biggest "buy
local" programs, AKA the EU's CAP and the U.S.'s sugar supports.

OTOH, your description of moving the "capa" to free software is
intriguing (and reinforces what we've been hearing from Peru).

The "environmentally friendly" analogy is also a good one for
marketing purposes.  But to the extent that you depend on it, you are
(a) a lifestyle business because (b) no backsliding will be forgiven.