Subject: Re: Consultants site
From: "Karsten M. Self" <kmself@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 09:20:28 +0000

on Fri, Jan 24, 2003 at 12:22:33AM -0800, Rich Bodo (rsb@ostel.com) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> 	A small group of consultants from the lists that we are all on
> 	has put together a web site (www.6-30.org) designed to take
> 	advantage of a consulting opportunity.  It made sense to us
> 	that people might consider using a group of consultants to
> 	convert them to Linux rather than upgrading from NT to the
> 	latest MSOS.  Site's pretty bare right now, could use some
> 	sprucing up and more appropriate verbage.

I don't know how much information you want, or whether MSFT bashing is
the way to go.  LUGoD has a pretty compelling set of "Why not MSFT"
items at their site.  Might want to cherry pick some particulars:

    http://www.lugod.org/microsoft/

...and a CMS (content mgt sys) like Scoop or TWiki might be useful to
provide color to the site.

>       But it's there, and
> 	we have done some minimal promotion at linuxworld, and we have
> 	a mailing list:

> 	Actually, that's alan's list for our lunch group, but it's
> 	unofficially the 6-30.org list until we get a new one.  It's
> 	got archives.
>
> 	So there is really a dual purpose to our group:
>
> 	1) to market our services with smashing ideas like 6-30.org
>
> 	2) to find really good places to have lunch.

Speaking of which, when's the next lunch date?  Or is everyone in NYC
right now (/me suspects not).

Peace.