Subject: Re: re[2]: Open Source Developer Exchange
From: Russell Nelson <nelson@crynwr.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2003 01:56:51 -0500

Rich Persaud writes:
 > Do you compete with, or complement, www.affero.com ?

Probably neither.  We could probably use a funding mechanism similar
to theirs, but I expect that we'll get mileage from three areas:

1) wealthy people who just want to fund software they're intersted in,
2) developing small projects that somebody wants to pay for, but
   doesn't know how to find a vendor for, and
3) software which a number of people want, but none of whom wishes
   to pay the entire amount.

 > It's worth looking at the HR-XML Background Check spec:
 >
 >    http://www.hr-xml.org/pr/pr_20030226_BackgroundCheck.cfm

Or not.

--
-russ nelson              http://russnelson.com | A government does enough
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | wrong to offset what it