Subject: Re: Research questions WRT SCO's complaint
From: "Karsten M. Self" <kmself@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2003 21:54:12 +0000

on Sat, Mar 08, 2003 at 09:26:50PM +0000, Karsten M. Self (kmself@ix.netcom.com) wrote:
> I'm doing some factual research on the SCO issue.  In particular there
> appear to be numerous factual errors in the complaint.

Further questions.

I don't have time to dig for all the facts myself.  If anyone could
provide a capsule (1-2 paragraph) background of the following actors I'd
appreciate it.

Law firms:  recent major settlements, other associations, interesting
factoids (Boise, for example, is famously successful at losing
high-profile cases).

    Brent O. Hatch (5715)
    Mark F. James (5295)
    HATCH, JAMES & DODGE, P.C.
    10 West Broadway,
    Suite 400
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    84101

    David Boies
    BOIES, SCHILLER & FLEXNER LLP
    333 Main Street
    Armonk, New York
    10504

    Stephen N. Zack (Florida Bar No.  145215)
    Mark J. Heise ( Florida Bar No. 771090)

Also, a capsule summary of Caldera / SCO.  I'd like a paragraph or so of
each firm from inception through the merger, and of activities since.

Credit given in the final bit ;-)

Peace.

   A guide to GNU/Linux browsers:
     http://twiki.iwethey.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/NixBrowsers