Subject: Re: the source, so to speak, of the SCO lawsuit
From: "Federico Lucifredi" <flucifredi@acm.org>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 13:50:34 -0400

Hm - Even with my own "issues" about MS, I find that a little excessive.

After all, if you look at SCO's (minute) revenues, a very large chunk of
that is prurely licensing the original UNIX code (which speaks volumes about
their own producs).

I will stick with the buyout strategy interpretation. Of course, once MS
sees that it can make a point out of licensing and GPL, tossing some cash in
the direction of the Linux problem is no big deal. But remember, M$ used
plenty of BSD code for its licensing stacks and builds a few
interoperability modules.

They do not need a license, but they will gladly buy one if that makes the
point that all Linux distro assemblers should as well.

-F