Subject: Re: Looking for open source support examples
From: Russell Nelson <nelson@crynwr.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 15:21:29 -0500

Lajos Moczar writes:
 > What I'm looking for are examples of where open source developers have
 > come together on their own, so to speak, in order to provide these
 > services.

You need look no farther than the host of this mailing list, Crynwr
Software.  I started writing packet drivers simply because my employer
needed them.  I published them, and other people made packet drivers,
which I incorporated into the distribution.  Eventually, after
companies started asking me to write packet drivers for them, I
realized (okay, so I'm kinda slow) that there was a business there.

--
--My blog is at     blog.russnelson.com         | The laws of physics cannot
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | be legislated.  Neither can