Subject: OT: Carriage return inserts in MS Exchange email -- fix? (was: Re: support for a small US college going GNU?)
From: "Karsten M. Self" <kmself@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 15:59:49 -0700
Wed, 20 Jul 2005 15:59:49 -0700
As some of you may see in the text below, Kelly's mail messages are
appearing here with spurious carriage return (hex 0x0D) added to line
feeds.

He's running MS Outlook, sent through MS Exchange, format is
quoted-printable.  Other mail with similar characteristics doesn't have
this issue, including several on this list.

Does anyone know what's happening and/or how this can be fixed?  It's
somewhat annoying.  I've discussed the matter with Kelly and he's not
aware of any MS Outlook settings which are doing this, I suspect this is
an Exchange setting somewhere.

Googling doesn't provide any clear fix.

A sample of the raw encoded text follows:

=0A-Kelly=20=0D=0A=0D=0A-----Original Message-----=0D=0AFrom: Karsten M. Se=

...where "=0D" is the CR, and "=0A" is linefeed.

Peace.

on Wed, Jul 20, 2005 at 10:24:58AM -0600, Anderson, Kelly (KAnderson@dentrix.com) wrote:
> Citrix is definitely expensive, but many IT shops have found it to be
> highly cost effective. That's why they were one of the few companies
> that did fairly well during the downturn in 2001-2003 because companies
> bought their stuff to save money. I used to work for Citrix, so I met
> some customers with some fairly compelling stories, despite the fact
> that Citrix generally pleases the IS/IT staff to no end, and generally
> makes things somewhat less flexible for the end users. I'm not a huge
> fan of Metaframe, but they definitely fill a niche that's extremely
> helpful at times.
>
> Check out www.citrix.com for further information.
>
> -Kelly

message and opening any attachments, the recipient accepts full responsibility for taking
protective action against such code. Sender is not liable for any loss or damage arising
from this message.

> The information in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is
intended solely for the addressee(s). Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorized.

    Microsoft KB:  Cookies Lost After Upgrading to Windows XP.
    [Ed:  WONTFIX:  Feature]
    - http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=282850

["application/pgp-signature" not shown]