Subject: Re: support for a small US college going GNU?
From: "Karsten M. Self" <kmself@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 14:02:42 -0700
Sun, 24 Jul 2005 14:02:42 -0700
on Wed, Jul 20, 2005 at 10:31:10AM -0600, Anderson, Kelly (KAnderson@dentrix.com) wrote:
> That's exactly what Citrix does. You might also look at the Gotomypc
> thing that Citrix just bought.
>
> You have to have a little bit of a frame even if it doesn't show.

Citrix apparently *really* needs to do a better job marketing.  I  try
to stay reasonably on top of this stuff, but am pretty much fully
unaware of their services.

It's not just them:  proprietary tech companies in general do a
piss-poor job of pimping their goods.  It's a bit like a more obscure
area of highly tuned academic study.  If you've invested a decade or two
grokking the stuff, it's self-evident.  If you haven't, you'll never
understand.  And most of the value seems to be "we've got you locked in,
pay $$ and sign on the dotted line".

How about a nice, basic introduction to what Citrix does?

Peace.

    It would never do for the Chief of Police to be found drinking after
    hours and have to fine himself.
    - Casablanca

["application/pgp-signature" not shown]