Subject: Re: Reading material suggestions?
From: Federico Lucifredi <flucifredi@acm.org>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 18:59:37 -0500

>On Tue, Dec 21, 2004 at 01:22:28PM -0800, Ben Tilly wrote:
>

>>I'll be spending most of January in various hotel rooms taking care
>>of my son.  I figure that this would be a good time to do some
>>reading.
>>
>>Does anyone have recommendations for books to read?  Not necessarily
>>related to this list, although I'm asking here because I'm hoping
>>for some good recommends related to business, negotiation, free
>>software culture, and so on.

I have two suggestions:

    Shantung Compound - Langdon B. Gilkey #great read, very much on
social structure
    #and related to Politics and Business (especially smuggling ;-) if
you like big-picture views

    Inviting Disaster - James R. Chiles #Pusing the envelope
technologically, failing to track
    #<cause> and resulting devastating consequences. Interesting
technically, and to learn how
    #NOT to manage, I guess...

-Federico

-- "'Problem' is a bleak word for challenge" - Richard Fish

Muad'Dib of Caladan (Federico L. Lucifredi)- Harvard University & BU
http://metcs.bu.edu/~lucifred