Subject: Re: Cygnus and proprietary software
From: Russell Nelson <nelson@crynwr.com>
Date: 31 Dec 1997 20:20:28 -0000

Stan Shebs writes:
 > Aladdin's strategy with Ghostscript looks like it's based on the
 > same insight - be proprietary with early adopters, then free the
 > code later, when it's no longer a unique advantage.

I might also note that the Linux source code for Xdoom has been
published by id Software in the past week, and people have already
ported it to other Unices.

--
-russ <nelson@crynwr.com>  http://www.crynwr.com/~nelson  | Freedom is the
Crynwr Software supports freed software | PGPok |   primary cause of peace.