Subject: Re: Tom W. Bell paper
From: Russ Nelson <nelson@crynwr.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 23:07:38 -0400

simo writes:
 > You wouldn't even have the man of the moon without government funding,
 > let's not think of all the technology the fell down from it.

Please, Simo, I'd like to see some better economics from you.  There
is no such thing as "government funding".  There is redirected
taxpayer spending.  Had the government not taken the taxes, taxpayers
would have spent the money on something else, which would have
directed investment elsewhere.  The choice is not between government
spending and no spending.  The choice is between government spending
and taxpayer spending.

Let's look at it from a businessman's perspective.  Who would you
rather have as a customer: the person who earned the money, or the
person who took it from him?

--
--my blog is at    http://blog.russnelson.com   | You don't help the poor by
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | looking at their list of