Subject: Re: Blender.2
From: Russell Nelson <nelson@crynwr.com>
Date: 2 Jun 1998 13:32:22 -0000

Jesus M. Gonzalez writes:
 > 2. A lot of free marketing, specially among all that people in the
 > community of 3D animations. Specially if they can do new things with
 > it. Probably, you are in a position where you can reach a significant
 > share of the market in a short period of time.

It's not free.  It costs time and effort.  In fact, it's of such value
that if I'm doing work for a company, and they wish to hold back the
results as proprietary, I charge them more.  The advertising value of
having my name on the code is worth something to me, and if they wish
to keep it from me, they have to pay for it.

--
-russ <nelson@crynwr.com>  http://web.crynwr.com/~nelson