Subject: Re: programs vs. libraries
From: Russell Nelson <nelson@crynwr.com>
Date: 29 Aug 1998 02:41:12 -0000

shap@eros.cis.upenn.edu writes:
 > Are we morally obligated to GPL major portions of EROS if we do this?

As long as you're leaving the law out of it, yes.  The idea behind
GPL'ed software is this: We are selling you this software.  You don't
have to ask us for our permission to buy it.  All that you have to do
is free your software.  If you can't afford that price, then you have
to license the software.