Subject: Re: Exploring the limits of free software
From: Russell Nelson <nelson@crynwr.com>
Date: 24 May 1999 18:21:03 -0000

craig@jcb-sc.com writes:
 > >So I think I agree with your thesis that there may be more pressure on the
 > >OSS project maintainers to integrate code developed in the sXc, and that
 > >there is the risk of "bad code" being developed (code which doesn't
 > >generically solve the problem the way it should), but I'm hoping that the
 > >peer reviewer could play a role in helping mitigate this.
 >
 > Me too.  It'll be interesting to see, if the market does expand as I hope
 > it does, whether there'll be pressure to ignore, vs. increasingly
 > pay attention to, such peer review.

I was at the session and didn't see anything preventing a Craig Burley
from being the peer reviewer for all Fortran SourceXchange projects.

Crynwr supports Open Source(tm) Software| PGPok | Good parenting creates
521 Pleasant Valley Rd. | +1 315 268 1925 voice | an adult, not a perfect
Potsdam, NY 13676-3213  | +1 315 268 9201 FAX   | child.