Subject: Re: Exploring the limits of free software
From: Russell Nelson <nelson@crynwr.com>
Date: 26 May 1999 12:07:36 -0000

D. V. Henkel-Wallace writes:
 > I put up an rfp on sXc: I need someone to add VBscript support to gdb.  I
 > find someone to do it.
 > I get the work I paid for.
 >
 > The gdb maintainers later reject it, perhaps because it's poorly written
 > (likely) or perhaps (as I suspect because the hypothetical me is paranoid)
 > for ideological reasons.  So it stops working in the next release and I get
 > pissed off.

You're just saying that the gdb maintainers have a competitive
advantage at sXc or cosource.  Should that surprise anyone?

Crynwr supports Open Source(tm) Software| PGPok | Good parenting creates
521 Pleasant Valley Rd. | +1 315 268 1925 voice | an adult, not a perfect
Potsdam, NY 13676-3213  | +1 315 268 9201 FAX   | child.