Subject: Re: the walls have beers
From: Russell Nelson <nelson@crynwr.com>
Date: 1 Jun 1999 15:32:41 -0000

craig@jcb-sc.com writes:
 > Linux has a bit of branding protection, in that a (perhaps
 > unenforceable?) trademark for the term is now assigned to Linus
 > Torvalds (or someone like that).

Just FYI, Linus didn't *want* the trademark.  I suggested that he
ought to file for it, and even offered to pay the filing fee, but he
said "What would I do with it?".  I said "Control who uses the name
Linux".  He replied "But I don't want to do that."

Crynwr supports Open Source(tm) Software| PGPok | Good parenting creates
521 Pleasant Valley Rd. | +1 315 268 1925 voice | an adult, not a perfect
Potsdam, NY 13676-3213  | +1 315 268 9201 FAX   | child.