Subject: Re: EROS license
From: Russell Nelson <nelson@crynwr.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 12:22:55 -0400 (EDT)

shapj@us.ibm.com writes:
 > However, I don't agree with the second point.  I haven't read the requirements
 > on BitKeeper, but in principle requiring conformance to a test suite isn't a bad
 > thing.  I believe Larry is doing this because he views branding as important.

Nope.  The test suite is there to enforce the use license which
requires publication of changelogs.  An Open-Source-oriented test
suite would say ``If your tavern accounting software passes this test
suite, you may use the brand name Foo Bar(tm)''.

Crynwr supports Open Source(tm) Software| PGPok | Government schools are so