Subject: Re: EY invests in online patent exchange
From: Russell Nelson <nelson@crynwr.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 23:44:45 -0400 (EDT)

Stephen J. Turnbull writes:
 > Creating markets is a very powerful, though not universally
 > applicable, method for solving economic problems where the goal is
 > end-user benefits.  Once again, the burden is on absolutist nay-sayers
 > to justify their positions.  I think the case against software patents
 > can be made, but it's non-trivial.

Right.  And while the "creating markets" part is what we're here for,
the "case against software patents isn't".  Let's be sure to exercise
discipline here (I'm not referring to your post, Stephen, I'm
referring to the private reply I just made to you which I think you'll
agree is obviously off-topic).

--
-russ nelson <nelson@crynwr.com>  http://russnelson.com