Subject: Re: Oracle's opposition to software patents
From: "Karsten M. Self" <kmself@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 16:36:55 +0000

"Michael A. Olson" wrote:

> Apropos the long-running discussion here, I thought people would
> be interested in a Slashdot article on software patents.  The story
> is that while Oracle Corp. opposes software patents, it's forced to
> acquire them as a defensive measure.

This is old news.  I'd run across this statement while researching
patents a year or so back, probably through the LPF or EFF.  The page
referred to by Michael appears to be dated 1994.  I'd like to know if
this is still the current thinking at Oracle, given how these things can
change....

This Slashdot post suggests as much:
http://slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=99/09/23/0741215&cid=29

(Usual blind-faith belief in veracity of anything read at /. applies).

--
Karsten M. Self (kmself@ix.netcom.com)