Subject: Re: FSB marketing, was Re: Novel anti-software-patent article
From: Russell Nelson <nelson@crynwr.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2000 22:42:55 -0500 (EST)

Stephen J. Turnbull writes:
 > FSBs cannot (IMHO) honestly advocate changing the IP system on the
 > basis that it would make it easier for them to do business, and
 > ignore the social issues.

Sure they could: "We'll make a lot more money if you change the IP
system to benefit us."  That's a lot more honest than the other
businesses that seek to change the copyright system to make it easier
for them to extract profits from soon-to-be public domain items, and
ignore the social issues.

Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | "Ask not what your country
521 Pleasant Valley Rd. | +1 315 268 1925 voice | can force other people to
Potsdam, NY 13676-3213  | +1 315 268 9201 FAX   | do for you..."  -Perry M.