Subject: Re: street performer protocol
From: Russell Nelson <nelson@crynwr.com>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 13:40:47 -0400 (EDT)

Jean Camp writes:
 > And if econmics is a science it should follow the mandate of all sciences
 > -- to serve, not to enslave, humanity.

The mandate of a science is to understand and explain how the world
works.  That's why I keep suggesting that the principals of free
software businesses put some effort into understanding the science of
economics.  If you don't understand price theory, how can you
rationally set prices?  If you don't understand how a free market
works, how can you sell into one?  David Friedman's book _Hidden
Order_ is a very good introduction to economics.  It doesn't suck,
unlike the textbook one often encounters in college.  He has another
book out, which I just ordered yesterday.

Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | "Ask not what your country
521 Pleasant Valley Rd. | +1 315 268 1925 voice | can force other people to
Potsdam, NY 13676-3213  | +1 315 268 9201 FAX   | do for you..."  -Perry M.