Subject: Re: In defense of the market
From: Russell Nelson <nelson@crynwr.com>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 10:01:41 -0400 (EDT)

Mark Rauterkus writes:
 > Case in point: I'm seeing the government folks (Here in Pittsburgh, PA, USA)
 > such as the Mayor greatly damage the free-market with governmental money for
 > development efforts.

I'd really like to keep this list centered on Free Software Business
issues.  Discuss government money being used for development, sure,
but keep it to issues like:
  o the German government funding of GPG,
  o the French government proposal to purchase only source-available
    software (decidedly NOT the same as Open Source, since they accept
    source escrow of proprietary software),
  o the Chinese government "Red Flag" distribution of Linux, or
  o the DARPA funding of BSD.

Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | "Ask not what your country
521 Pleasant Valley Rd. | +1 315 268 1925 voice | can force other people to
Potsdam, NY 13676-3213  | +1 315 268 9201 FAX   | do for you..."  -Perry M.