Subject: Re: [Freesw] priorart.org
From: "Karsten M. Self" <kmself@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 13:15:15 -0700
Thu, 10 May 2001 13:15:15 -0700
on Wed, May 09, 2001 at 09:34:37PM +0200, PILCH Hartmut (phm@a2e.de) wrote:
> > Yes ...
> >
> >    one of the dumbest initiatives of the Hindsight Institute ... and
> > apparently endorsed by some prominent members of the community too.
>
> I don't think that the Foresight showed their press release to ESR, Lessig
> and the others.  This is a quick shot, designed to exploit them for PR
> purposes and throw them away later.

I've asked each of the parties quoted whether or not their statements
were used with permission, and in the spirit in which they were
intended.  The responses of Larry Rosen and Jeff Bates are affirmative.

I think you're a little  too  cynical.

> > The good thing about it is that one has to pay to use it ... 20
> > bucks is still a lot.  So it will probably be ignored.
>
> More than that: one has to write a text in a form that makes it searchable
> for a patent examiner.  That is quite a lot of unpaid work.

Yes, structuring the data may be important.  Structuring the search
tools may be more so.

> Posting to Usenet=Dejanews achieves a better effect with less effort.

I believe you've misspelled  http://groups.google.com/.  Dejanews is
dead.

["application/pgp-signature" not shown]