Subject: Re: Opportunity lost? Challenge declined!?
From: Russell Nelson <nelson@crynwr.com>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 10:49:43 -0400 (EDT)

Stephen J. Turnbull writes:
 > The point is that providing source to _anyone_ is good; providing
 > source to _everyone_ is better.  Allowing forks on _limited_
 > conditions is good; allowing forks for _any_ reason is better.
 > Etc.  Many dimensions.  Some combinations of these alternatives are
 > defined as "free".  Others are "proprietary."

I think that's Tim O'Reilly's point.  So perhaps we need a different
mailing list to which we can point people to, when they want to talk
about software which isn't open source and/or free, as we understand
the terms.

--
-russ nelson will be speaking at http://www.osdn.com/conferences/handhelds/
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | Microsoft rivets everything.