Subject: Re: Free Software in Embedded Systems (was Re: Studies)
From: Russell Nelson <nelson@crynwr.com>
Date: 15 Sep 1997 21:55:27 -0000

Niels P. Mayer writes:
 > I love Linux and GNU and use it on my own systems all the time. But
 > people in the financial/banking/point-of-sale arena  just look at me
 > funny whenever I bring it up and ask "what's that?"...

One of the things I got paid to do late last year was write a cs89x0
Linux Ethernet driver for a Schlumberger POS gas pump.  There's money
in them-thar free software embedded systems!

--
-russ <nelson@crynwr.com>    http://www.crynwr.com/~nelson
Crynwr Software supports freed software | PGPok | Freedom causes peace.