Subject: Re: {fsb} Re: Ximian's proprietary connector for open source Evolution
From: Brian Behlendorf <brian@collab.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 11:49:48 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 5 Dec 2001, M. Drew Streib wrote:
> * Collab.net
>   Similar to SourceForge, selling proprietary modules for links to
>   existing development tools around the mostly free Tigris platform.

Actually, Tigris is these days more about point tools like Subversion,
Scarab, and ArgoUML, the tools necessary to build a hosted toolsuite we
closed.  That's where we were getting the outside involvement by the
community, and building the platform is a lot of work that is difficult to
get outside involvement around (in practice, which yes, contravenes
theory).  It's most useful to compare it to the way Websphere relates to
Apache.

	Brian