Subject: Re: "The future is here. It's just not widely distributed yet."
From: Russell Nelson <nelson@crynwr.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 08:49:19 -0400 (EDT)

Tim O'Reilly writes:
 > It's a lot about how hackers ("alpha geeks") show us the shape of
 > the future. They bend technology with brute force to make it do
 > what they want long before commercial vendors typically have
 > offerings for less tech-savvy people.

I agree.  One could argue that I don't have a free software business,
but instead that I "merely" have a consultancy based on free software,
that makes money by doing what Russ wants to do.  Twice now, I have
turned my non-profit interests into money (packet drivers, qmail), and
I'm working on a third (Linux iPAQ -- a real computer in your pocket).

--
-russ nelson              http://russnelson.com | Economic ignoramuses find
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | economics easy to criticize,