Subject: Re: Successful FSBs
From: "Stephen J. Turnbull" <stephen@xemacs.org>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 22:39:19 +0900

>>>>> "Adam" == Adam Turoff <ziggy@panix.com> writes:

    Adam> My short list of FSBs (incomplete):
    Adam> 	Aladdin

Bzzt.

Dunno about the new Artifex incarnation, but Ghostscript (in the
Aladdin version, ie, what the developers are doing now) _is_

    Adam> something that's just free for non-commercial use like
    Adam> TrollTech).

Not to mention that Qt is now GPL-compatible enough that RMS has
signed off on an XEmacs port to Qt, despite that fact that the Windows
version of Qt is aggressively proprietary.  All he asks is that the
Makefile bark loudly (and exit fatally ;) if a user tries to build on
Windows.

These are important examples, because Aladdin in the person of Peter
Deutsch is definitely on the Light side of the Force, while Trolltech
is pretty damn grey still IMO.