Subject: Re: Successful FSBs
From: Simon Cozens <simon@netthink.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 14:21:45 +0100

Benjamin J. Tilly :
> I just pointed you at an actual product that O'Reilly
> shipped which contained software written by Larry Wall
> which was not generally available elsewhere.

This is just a data point, I'm not weighing in on any side just yet:
JPL was written in late 1997, and released with the ResKit in November
1997. It was added to the public Perl repository in October 1998. I'm
not sure how much earlier it was made publically available, nor what
the original terms of distribution were.

--
Anything to do with HTML processing /usually/ involves a pact
with an evil supernatural being, I find.