Subject: Re: Recommendations for Basic Economics Guide.
From: "Benjamin J. Tilly " <ben_tilly@operamail.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2002 04:43:52 +0500

Ralph Corderoy <ralph@inputplus.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi,

> Having lurked on this list for a while it's clear that a big shortfall
> in my knowledge is that of economics.  Putting aside the jokes about
> three economists and four opinions has anyone got any suggestions for
> books covering the topic?  I'm especially interested in those that
> approach it from a small (software :-) business point of view and aren't
> *too* scholarly.

A good place to start might be Information Rules.  It
covers a lot of the practical economics for non-economists
and particularly focuses on how it applies to information
goods (like software).  See http://www.inforules.com/ for
more details.

> Sorry if it's a bit OT but I thought I'm probably not alone in a poor
> understanding given a computing background.

I think it might be useful to develop a list of "classic
references" that are considered unusually beneficial.
Certainly some of those would be in economics...

Cheers,
Ben
Download the FREE Opera browser at www.opera.com/download/

Free OperaMail at http://www.operamail.com/