Subject: selling SCM solutions
From: chrismaeda@attbi.com
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 20:26:04 +0000

So I've spent the past several years of my
career in executive management roles in commercial
software dev organizations and I've purchased
and implemented 2-3 different source control
solutions during this time.  Brian Fox is spot
on about what the issues are.  The customer has
money and a problem and wants a solution, not a
discussion of technology.  In my experience,
about 90% percent of the cost of implementing a
source control solution is training your people to
use the tool and changing your business processes
around the tool.  Except for its impact on ease-of-use,
the underlying technology is all but irrelevant.