Subject: Re: Charging the Charger [was: GPL v3 public performance idea?]
From: Laurent GUERBY <laurent@guerby.net>
Date: Sun, 01 May 2005 21:12:15 +0200

On Tue, 2005-04-12 at 09:22 -0400, Marshall W. Van Alstyne wrote:
> In a version of the model we're developing, we can consider the proportion
> of developers who are freedom versus profit motivated and this does seem to
> change the kind of license that becomes optimal.

Only about 10% of IT people are concerned by your licence optimization
scheme (those who work for software editors), the remaining 90% don't
care that much about licencing since they develop, glue, administrate,
deploy, customize software for only one customer, either their employer
or in an out-sourcing setup, or are selling consulting or support.

Laurent