Subject: Re: Cygnus and proprietary software
From: Russell Nelson <nelson@crynwr.com>
Date: 27 Dec 1997 04:39:23 -0000

Brian Bartholomew writes:
 > ...for the current varieties of compensation offered to free software
 > writers.  What other sorts of compensation can we come up with that
 > draw upon the strengths of the free software community?  100,000
 > people each donating a dollar?

Can you say "transaction costs"?  I knew you could.  Mr. Rogers knows
of no way to get a dollar from someone without spending a third of it
just on the money transfer process.

--
-russ <nelson@crynwr.com>  http://www.crynwr.com/~nelson  | Freedom is the
Crynwr Software supports freed software | PGPok |   primary cause of peace.