Subject: Yggdrasil Linux/GNU/X beta release at UniForum
From: yci@NETCOM.COM (Yggdrasil Computing)
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 93 11:13:42 -0800

	UniForum is going on today through Friday at the Moscone Center
in San Francisco.  There are a couple of vendors that are selling the
Yggdrasil Linux/GNU/X ("LGX") operating system on the show floor.
They are Walnut Creek CDROM (booth 3455) and Promox Systems (booth
3216).  I know that Walnut Creek will have a demo system running.
If you are going to UniForum, you may want to drop by one of these
booths to take a look at a commercial free operating system.  What
these folks are demoing is the beta release.

	At the show, you can buy a package consisting the beta release
plus the first production release when it ships, but if are the author
of any of the software on the distribution, I'll give you a free copy.

	Is there any interest in having some sort of get-together at
UniForum?  Perhaps we could go all go out for dinner Thursday night?

	If I can find the time, I'll try to compose a response to the
current "economics of free software" thread.  Basically, I think that
there is no shortage of free software development right now.  The
problem is a lack of coordinated marketting rather than too much potential
for competition.

Adam J. Richter
Yggdrasil Computing, Incorporated