Subject: Free Accounting S/W
From: Damian Ivereigh <damian@EXOL.DEMON.CO.UK>
Date: Tue, 4 May 1993 12:46:45 +0000 (GMT)

Hi all,

I have been directed to this mailing list by some people on usenet.

I work for a firm who writes accounting s/w for unix commercially. We
are seriously considering releasing the core accounting (i.e Sales ledger,
Purchase ledger & Nominal ledger - or Accounts receivable, Accounts payable &
General Ledger in the US) packages on a 'public license' basis,
i.e. releasing the source into the public domain (poss under the GNU license)
and offering support and any enhancements on a chargeable basis.

Does anybody have any comments? Anybody know about existing public
accounting s/w. Anybody know a better place to post this to? (I can't
find any accounting related newsgroup topics).

Many thanks
Damian

--
Damian Ivereigh